Click the video above to play.

Inaugural Grant Recipients announced!

Connie BailyInaugural Weight Loss Surgery Grant named the “Alice Neff Grant” was given to Connie Bailey. Weight Loss Surgery performed via the WLSFA Grant Program by Doctor Garth Davis of the Davis Clinic in Houston Texas.

Sarah Halbrook Inaugural Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Grant awarded to Sarah Halbrook. Plastic Surgery performed via the WLSFA Grant Program by Dr. Timothy Katzen ~ Body By Katzen medical practice of Beverly Hills California.

Connie and Sarah were selected by the Board of Directors of the WLSFA because these two people inspired the formation of the non-profit foundation. As ambassadors of our WLS community both Connie and Sarah will work to help the WLSFA reach others who need help getting weight loss and reconstructive plastic surgery due to weight loss. Fund raising has already begun to fund the two inaugural grants but more money is needed.

Both Surgeries are tentatively planned for the the first quarter of 2011.

Please Donate Today!

Please click here to read about applying for future grants from the WLSFA

Please Stay Connected

No spam guarantee.

10 Comments, RSS

• ruby sue

says on:
    July 26, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Congratulation Connie and Sara……

• Fudds64

says on:
    July 27, 2010 at 10:52 am

Congratulations Ladies I am so so very happy for you both!! Oh my gosh talk about a teary moment.. Here’s to great news that’s so overwhelming.. Hugs, Love, thoughts & prayers always to you both!! xo’s Kimberly

• VSGis4me

says on:
    July 29, 2010 at 10:37 pm

I am truely happy for each of you. I have been wanting to get WLS surgery for years and it has not yet worked out. It amazing and wonderful to get the opportunity to live a new life. Congratulations Connie.

Sarah, I have seen some of your videos and and am so happy for you as well. You have worked your tool well and I know you will be so pleased to leave the extra behind. Congratulations.

I look forward to updates on both of you.

Renee

• Sira Camilo

says on:
    July 30, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Yay~~~ Connie & Sarah! What a blessing!!!!

• BandedShari2010

says on:
    July 31, 2010 at 6:35 am

Congrats to both of you. Good Luck in the Journey that is about to unfold. ~ Shari

• grammamarcy

says on:
    August 18, 2010 at 8:22 am

congrats Connie and Sara. I will enjoy following your journeys. Grammamarcy

• discordya

says on:
    January 24, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Your stories give me hope. I need lots of it. Congratulations, hope all has been going well now that it is 6 months down the road. New here to this community.

• America

says on:
    July 22, 2011 at 9:04 am

Congratulations!!!!!!!everyday is a challenge in our weight loss journey…continue to stay strong and helping others ….

• America

says on:
    July 22, 2011 at 9:04 am

• Jo English

says on:
    March 26, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Congrats to all who are recieving the gift of life. I am 140 lbs over weight. I was hopeing to get on this program but closed until June. I will mark my calendar.
    If an opening should come up before June,please contact me. Thank you.