The WLSFA Tour of Hope is an annual bicycle ride dedicated to:
- Raising awareness of the epidemic of obesity, and showing by my example, that you are never too old to escape the prison of obesity,
- Visiting local WLS surgeons and practices, WLS hospitals, and WLS support groups along the route.
- Generating local events and mass & social media awareness to raise grant funds for the Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America (WLSFA) and promote and market the WLS resources of the local surgeon/practice, hospital, etc.
The 2022 Tour of Hope 6 – Ride to Defeat Obesity, will take place Tuesday, September 13th through Tuesday the 20th. The ride will focus on visiting and highlighting the WLS resources of three large metro areas: Columbus, Cleveland, and Detroit (see map), with visits planned to various WLS surgeons, centers of excellence, support groups, etc. (see chart), by generating press/coverage in both mass and social media.
Eight Days of Riding * 423 Miles * Three Metro Areas
Five Weight Loss Centers
Tuesday, September 13 – Wednesday, September 20
3 Ways You can Save a Life by helping the Tour of Hope
1. Donate to the Tour of Hope
Your contribution will help the WLSFA fund a weight loss surgery grant for someone referred by a doctor to life-saving WLS, but who has neither the funds nor the insurance to cover the cost. Click HERE to donate. Be sure to ‘Dedicate’ your donation to the TOH.
2. Follow the Tour of Hope
Follow the daily progress of the Tour of Hope as the ride progresses from Columbus to Cleveland to Ann Arbor to Detroit – all on Facebook <l I n k >. Watch the Meet and Greet at various WLS centers along the ride route. Meet WLS surgeons and their staff.
3. Share the Tour of Hope
Share the daily TOH reports and updates with your friends and family. Show them how the WLS community celebrates escaping obesity… get them all to donate to the cause… by sharing TOH updates on your social media.
2022 Tour Schedule
|Ride Day 1||Tuesday, September 13, 2022||Columbus||Gambier||54|
|Ride Day 2||Wednesday, September 14, 2022||Gambier||Wooster||53|
|Ride Day 3||Thursday, September 15, 2022||Wooster||Cleveland||57|
|Ride Day 4||Friday, September 16, 2022||Cleveland||Norwalk||57|
|Ride Day 5||Saturday, September 17, 2022||Norwalk||Perrysburg||58|
|Ride Day 6||Sunday, September 18, 2022||Perrysburg||Ann Arbor||57|
|Ride Day 7||Monday, September 19, 2022||Ann Arbor||Mt Clemens||62|
|Ride Day 8||Tuesday, September 20, 2022||Mt Clemens||Southfield||25|
2022 Tour Stops (planned)
|Ohio Health||Monday Sept 12, all-day|
|Columbus||Tuesday Sept 13, mid/late afternoon, early evening|
|Dr Sonnanstine||(Haven’t made contact yet to set up a meeting)|
|University Hospital||Thursday Sept 15, mid/late afternoon, early evening|
|Cleveland||Friday Sept 16, morning, mid-morning|
|Anna Hazinakis||Meet up being organized|
|Michigan Health||Sunday Sept 18, mid/late afternoon, evening|
|Ann Arbor||Monday Sept 19, morning|
|Colleen Buda||(Haven’t made contact yet to set up a meeting)|
|McClaren Health||Monday Sept 19, mid/late afternoon, evening|
|Mt Clemens||Tuesday Sept 20, morning, mid-morning|
|Dr Pesta||Meet up being organized|
|Ascension Health||Tuesday Sept 20, afternoon, evening|
|Southfield||Wednesday Sept 21, all-day|
|Dr Sabir||Meet up being organized|
- 2015 TOH – Westerville, OH to Raleigh, NC 525 Miles
- 2016 TOH – Westerville, OH to Gaylord, MI 428 Miles
- 2017 TOH – Seattle, WA to Portland, OR 311 Miles
- 2018 TOH – Frisco, TX to San Antonio, TX 365 Miles
- 2019 TOH – Savannah, GA to Orlando, FL 323 Miles
- 2020 TOH – Canceled due to Covid
- 2021 TOH – Canceled due to Health
- 2022 TOH – Columbus, Cleveland, Detroit 423 Miles